Ep 004: Pineapple – Building a Decentralized P2P Carrier
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
On this episode of the Insurance Innovators Unscripted Podcast, I speak with the Co-founders of Pineapple Insurance. Pineapple, an InsurTech startup based in Johannesburg, South Africa is building a decentralized P2P Insurance Carrier from the ground up.
On this episode, we discuss:
- Decentralizing Insurance to Create Transparency
- Using Technology to Enable a New Business Model
- Game Theory as the Foundation for the P2P Model
- Removing Conflict of Interest from Insurance
For more information visit:
- Pineapple Insurance
- Co-Founder: Marnus van Heerden
- Co-Founder: Matthew Elan Smith
- Co-Founder: Ndabenhle Junior Ngulube
Thanks for listening to this episode. Tune in every Monday to hear from more Insurance Innovators. Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher or by visiting InsuranceInnovators.co to get access to special episodes and content.